Solutions to Your Bakersfield Auto Body Questions
Where do I get a claim number?
Claim numbers are issued by your insurance company and at the time the report your accident. Just jot it down and bring it and when you come in and begin the repair process.
Are you open Saturday?
Yes, we are open in the morning on Saturday and 8 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Will the parts be ordered before I drop off my vehicle for repair?
Absolutely. We generally order your vehicle’s parts at the time we write the estimate. If your vehicle is unsafe to drive we will help you arrange for vehicle and as soon as possible. This enables us to provide a faster turn around time.
If my vehicle's frame is damaged and it a total loss?
No. A car is a total is one only when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance company’s determined value of your vehicle. Nowadays, most cars are built using uni-body ( frame and body as one) construction. Our highly skilled technicians, with the help of our state –of –the-art computer measuring system, can return your vehicle to its original factory specs. If it is determined that the frame section is damaged beyond repair, that section can be replaced.
Can you match the paint color?
Today’s modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized paints. We have made a major investment in the finest paint system available and constantly upgrade our technology and equipment ensuring each vehicle matches.
Can I get other service work done on my vehicle while it is in the auto body shop?
Yes. Just let your advisor know what other work you would like done so that he or she can make the necessary arrangements.
Can I get a ride home when I drop off my car?
Yes, we will be happy to provide this service to you. We wish your visit to be a positive experience and diligently toward that goal. We provide both a pickup and delivery service.
How can I get a rental car?
If you need a rental car, we can easily make the arrangements with the Enterprise Rent-A-Car on site.
Can I wash my car?
Recommendations and precautions in the first 30 days.
- Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Do not use a commercial car wash.
- Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle, which can scratch your finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads which may chip your finish.
- Avoid parking under trees, or utility lines which may attract birds. These bird droppings can damage your paint as well as tree sap.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
- Do not wax or polish the vehicle which will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.